Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Silencio Hill

The Silent Hill series has been one of my fav's for years! The growing fear that comes with those games are endless...

Funny thing is I never played any of them in order.


My first Silent hill game was Silent Hill 4: The Room. Henry Townshend was the protagonist of this game. Super amazing graphics and an innovative fighting style. They used this meter gauge at the top to indicate the power of the hit. Pretty cool. I loved the variety of mosters in the game as well, I mean whats a game when you only have like three types of enemies... seriously... Above all the ghosts were the best. Immortal little bastards. They could go through walls (Well duh, but many games don't offer this feature) use weapons and cause dear Henry to get a massive headache from Silent Hill Hell. The locations were all extremely creepy... Unlike the previous installments, the alternate worlds only took on half way into the game, and remained that way till the finish. Also it was the only game in the franchise to not be directly linked to freaky town.

The next one I played was Silent Hill 3. Heather, daughter of Harry Mason from the first game was the heroine of this game. To date, she is the only playable female of the series, and probably the strongest. Heather has super powers that come out her eyeballs, called the Heather beam and later the Sexy beam... Well there was nothing sexy about the costume she had to wear in order to activate "sexy beam attack". I must admit that I was VERY impressed with the detailing of the characters. Both on a graphics scale as well as on a plot level. There were very few characters, but then again all the games have few cast members. No one would ever forget Valtiel that freaky disturbing monster that's always turning that damn valve...


Third one I played was the first Silent Hill. Harry Mason, the first hero in the series and the first to face to snowy / blood ridden town.  He and His Daughter Cheryl were on a trip and accidentally had an accident in the deserted town.Cheryl goes missing (well technically kidnapped) and the whole town goes haywire. Mason meets a police officer Cybil Bennett, one tough cookie by the way, and together they set out to solve the mystery of SH.


Eventually I managed to play the Second Silent Hill. What a flippin' freaky game!!! Hero??? James Sunderland. He went to Spooky town after receiving a letter from his dead wife Mary. The long ass walk at the beginning already gave me goosebumps... the anticipation of the "boo" moment was lingering... pity it never came, but sure did freak me out. NO one who knows Silent Hill can ever say they don't know about Pyramid Head. That immortal Mother F***er was a huge pain in my ass. That massive blade he wielded was a bitch to out run. One slice your dead as a door nail... Took me a long ass time to get past the first encounter with him. Do note you never really beat him in the game, Pyramid head kills himself... all you can do is dodge, which by the way ain't always so easy... On a graphics scale, it was most definitely the creepiest of all the Silent Hill's I've played. the amount of alternate ending was astounding and the amount of weapons to choose from was a lot more than in the first one.

Anyways thats me and my Silent Hills

Mr Lovelace out...

No comments:

Post a Comment