Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm a diamond...

I'm not entirely sure if many South African's know about a singer who goes by the name of "Marina and the diamonds," but I've recently bought her CD and I can say that I love every song on that album.

This is Marina :-)

What makes her music so great to listen to is the fact that it is clearly not auto-tuned and she writes her own lyrics...

The words are beautiful. Poetry with music... not this "Suck my cockiness" kak that Rihanna sings...

At first I thought her music was a bit "out there", but now I find that it's all very "relatable", much like Adele's 21 album... (That album is played to death on the radio)

The difference between Adele's album and Marina's album, is that Marina's album is actually happy, not : "OK it's Adele time, better prepare myself for self-deprecation..."

The one song I particularly like is "Hermit the Frog" (I suppose it's an accidental typo and she decided to keep i.e. the typo being Kermit the Frog)

My favourite stanza in the song/poem (which is the chorus by the way):

When my heart just burst like a glass balloon,
I let it fly too high and it shattered too soon
Now I was the wrong damn girl, 
In the wrong damn room
I broke my glass balloon,
I let go of my glass balloon


So cute and lovely don't you think?

And she has an amazing voice and I did I mention she's original??? :-)

I'm a total Marina and the Diamonds fan ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment