Friday, December 9, 2011

Marina and the diamonds - Obessesions

I'm still on my Marina and the Diamonds buzz and I just have to say, buying that album was totally worth it.

Here's a track that I like a lot. There's a part in the song that reminds me of the "normal" things couples usually land up doing... sure going out for a romantic time at a lake side restaurant is awesome, but lets get honest... you're not going to do that EVERY night... right???

Well, you're likely to do the usual stuff, like going to the supermarket, deciding on what to cook for supper, choosing a new set of crockery, etc that's normal couple stuff... that's the defining moments that sets the tone for a relationship (mind you, my ignorance is probably showing up now... well can you blame me??? The only relationships I've ever had were with books... I know more straight guys who've had sex than I have... and I'm gay)... granted, having a surprise gourmet supper is awesome, but that's not love (well it's more like pseudo-love), it's more like "appreciation"... The real ;ove is when you see your partner come home from work stressed (and even though you are too) you offer to do the cooking and wash the dishes afterwards... - am I wrong???

Here's the part in the song that reminds me so much of an average moment in any relationship:

Supermarket, oh what packet of crackers to pick?
They're all the same,
one brand, one name,
But really they're not
Look, look just choose something quick
People are staring, time to come quick in
Skin is on fire; just choose something, something, something.
Pressure overwhelming
Next minute I am turning out of the door
facing one week without food
A day, a day, when things, things are pretty bad
Don't let it make you feel sad, 
The crackers were probably bad luck anyway





Mr Lovelace out... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment