Wednesday, July 20, 2011

One week one blog


Hey all!!! It’s been FOR-FREAKING-EVER since I last blogged... ok ok I’ve gone longer... BUT! Yes, there is a but, I have had zero to naught access to the net... so no facebook, no twitter, no blogs, no Crazeebee, no JP, no 20somethinggal, no Health24, no ANYTHING!!! 

I was totally social media deprived... it should be considered a form of torture... totally brutal...
Quite a bit has happened in the last week or so since I’ve been on leave... yip you read right! Nine days of vacation... BLISS I TELL YOU BLISS!!!

My official last day at work was the week before last‘s Friday i.e. the 9th of July for the chronologically challenged... So I had my goodbyes... had to hide a few tears... and I was sad to leave, although I know my return will happen lol – did I just “lol”???- I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch but I have a pretty good chance of going back even if only for three months... I can do a hell of a lot in three months...

The bus trip home was a humorous but uneventful one and my holiday didn’t exactly start off with a bang (more like a fizzle) but I had a chance to recover albeit for only three days(with the rest of my family FFS)...
I pretty much spent those three uneventful days eating, sleeping, bathroom, tv, pc, reading magz and books (no not mills and boon, although I am culprit) – oh I finally finished half my books, TG- the eventfulness began Tuesday (13 July) at 8am... I was still asleep and my dearest sister *Stacey* wakes me up because she had  crotch pains... CROTCH PAINS MY ASS!!! SHE WAS IN LABOUR!!! 

Yip yip, Stacey was about to give birth... so off we go to the hospital at 8 in the morning, Stacey is in pain, I’m comforting her, Baby Daddy – I have to be nice to him now so I can’t call him by his previous nickname...- was giving my granddad directions to the hospital (he was the alternative driver seeing as my dad was at work already) and a 10 year old Ms Saddam-Stalin-Hitler-Idi Amien reincarnation, whom I call cousin, was lusting over Justin Bieber... again... 

We arrive after 8:30 and Stacey and Baby Daddy go into the hospital; Granddad, Ms mini Saddam-Stalin-Hitler-Idi Amien and I had stay behind due to hospital policy... Ba-humbug

Anyways I’ll save you the gory details... Stacey gave birth to an adorable baby girl at 15:05. Considering how small my sister was carrying, I was expecting a smaller baby, but she weighed in at a good solid 3.1kG. Cute face, thin lips, pretty smile and dark hair... tiny fingers with shiny nails... very girly like... BTW I’m not just saying she is cute because she is my niece, she really is adorable... I want to put up a picture, but I’m far to paranoid of predators, not that my followers are predators, but freakshows do live out there and I want to protect my niece as best I can till she flies the nest like I’m going to, in a year or so...

So basically the rest of my holiday – or shall I call it mini-break like Bridget Jones – was all about the baby... cleaning the house, cooking, baking, making pancakes, entertaining unexpected relatives who never bothered to attend her baby shower and spending time with my beautiful niece J Time well spent...

Now I’m back at Varsity or as I like to call it Dante’s Infero... I swear this pace is like taking a laxative and an enema – it’s painful and unnecessary...
Mr Love lace out...

2 comments:

  1. "Ms Saddam-Stalin-Hitler-Idi Amien reincarnation" i burst out laughing at my desk you can imagine how you know who looked at me...

    ReplyDelete