Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My top 5 Tim Burton moments



It’s not every day you come across a great movie that generates major fandom and shoots out emotions you never thought you’d ever have for a movie. In my eyes Tim Burton is a master of storytelling and a creative genius who has created some of the world’s greatest movies. It comes as no surprise that he is my favourite director of all time. There are very few movies that he has made, that I have not enjoyed. Come to think of it, I’m pretty sure I’ve liked them all…

So I’ve decided to blog my five most beloved Tim Burton movies, why they are my favourite and my favourite scene –that is of course if youtube actually has it…

5. Coraline

Why Coraline? Well the story has two morals, both of them I learned a while ago. The first one is, that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and the second is you never realise what you have till it’s gone. The casting of the movie was also superb… Jennifer Saunders, Teri Hattchet and Dakota Fanning to name a few… While I still worked at a video rental store, I often recommended the movie, only to have the parents demand a refund, because of the movies’ dark nature… Uhm sorry lady, did you not see you kid standing at the horror section explaining –in detail –every scene in SAW V???

Every time I see this scene, I think of the series Pushing Daisies.  You know the two aunts who do the synchronised swimming... ok ok these two are opera trapeze artists, but I still think of them lol...  Super cool...

4. Corpse Bride
Finding love after death? Hopeless romantic movie making gold!!! There’s something about never letting go of finding love, even after death, which makes me all happy inside… Maybe it’s because I’m one of “those” people… and once you’ve found love, you’re willing to let it go and sacrifice yourself for the one you truly love… MOVIE GOLD I TELL YOU, GOLD!

The embedding codes for this video clip was disabled, but here's the link. Corpse Bride ending.

3. Batman and Batman Returns
I couldn’t tell which one I preferred more so I put them both in the same slot… I loved Jack Nicolson as the Joker and Danny Devito as the Penguin… and Michelle Pfieffer as Selina Kyle… Purrrrrfect casting perfect… Take a guess why I liked it lol…

Ok first of all the blood looks like tomato sauce, but this was a pretty low budget movie... what I liked about this scene was that Selena Kyle AKA Catwomen is a vigilante feminist who hates abusive men and women helpless women... I'm totally all about women empowerment...


2. Edward Scissorhands
I honestly cried at the end of this movie… It is brilliant and second only to number one –obviously. I mean who even thinks of something like Edward scissorhands??? Come the Fuck on!!! It’s amazing!!! This was one of the first Johnny Depp movies I’ve seen and I was an instant fan… The humour and love in the beginning and the sadness at the end and all the emotions inbetween… like the orgasm causing haircuts are well worth watching over and over and over and over and… you get the idea…

I like how Edward tries to be normal by using cutlery and I love his expression at the end... so cute :)


1. The nightmare before Christmas
I remember when I was younger, this movie would come on every Christmas eve and I would wake up early to watch it over and over and over again every year, like clockwork. I would watch Jack Skelington jump around singing and his pet ghost dog zero would follow him everywhere. I remember Sally’s body parts falling off and her longing for Jack to realise that she is hopelessly in love with him. I remember Lock, stock and barrel and their walking bathtub. I loved watching Jack kick Oogie Boogies rag like ass and saving Santa and Christmas in one go. I never once forgot that one scene when Jack and Sally are standing together on the curved hill overlooking the pumpkin patch of Halloween town… I keep thinking of me and my future partner like that, standing on a hill with nothing but ourselves… I also think of the two of us dead in the underworld standing together on a hill… how romantic!!! sigh… the Nightmare Before Christmas, is and always will be my favourite Tim Burton movie of all time and also one of my top 10 favourite movies of all time…

This is the opening scene and is my all time favourite... It's just plain epic! And I really like how Jack is on fire hahaha super cool :)

Mr love lace out…

1 comment: